M7/30 Gebrüder Grafrath, Solingen-Widden Hitler youth knife question

Thanks Received
Hi, just got a Hitler Youth knife a few days back after a bit of looking into markings etc need a bit of help.

The scabbard is wrong not original but the blade and the markings look right by what I have seen on research sights. Its a 1936 Grafrath no mottow on the diamond side, blade is rough in places.. I think its been restored at some point any help would be appreciated..

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi there,

Yes indeed, the scabbard has the lip at the top which shows it to be a post-war item. The knife itself is genuine based on the photos. M7/30 knives have the peculiarity that "1936" can be seen on earlier knives with the motto "Blut und Ehre" and also on their later knives that no longer had it.

Hi there,

Yes indeed, the scabbard has the lip at the top which shows it to be a post-war item. The knife itself is genuine based on the photos. M7/30 knives have the peculiarity that "1936" can be seen on earlier knives with the motto "Blut und Ehre" and also on their later knives that no longer had it.
Thanks for your help and reply glad the knife seems right, as I have got things of this dealer before and he is ok but you always have to be careful with German ww2 things.

Back