Deutsches Jungvolk Knife

Thanks Received
Hi,
I recently purchased this knife. Can anyone please tell me if they think it's genuine. The swastika diamond moves when poked.
TIA
Bill

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Bill,

In my opinion the knife is a fake. No HJ diamond inserted into the handle, no makers mark, bowie type blade, these points go to proving it is post TR period. The damaged scabbard looks period, but a HJ diamond on the scabbard is not correct and has been added at a later date. A DJ knife was never produced during the TR period only a HJ knife.

Regards.........Ewan

Yes, we have numerous threads on these little knives and also a HJ-Wiki page here. The period evidence shows that the DJ knife can be nothing more than a fantasy. The evidence offered by those who think these knives are authentic TR items manufactured specifically and officially for use by the DJ consists of nothing more than anecdotes, a non-existent photo and an "authorisation letter" (later admitted by its owner to have been nothing of the sort) and constant inclusion of this type of knife into collector reference books over the years despite the fact that the various authors never provided any proof that these knives were legitimate TR items made for and used by the DJ. In short, there is no evidence for the existence during the TR of a knife in this configuration.

It's not a fake. Fakes are copies of items that were used in the Third Reich. This knife is a fantasy :)

Back