HJ blouse - sold but with obvious errors

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I spotted this on the listing of a large auction house with the following description:

"Brown service shirt for the HJ summer uniform. Typical brown cotton. Actuallly a SA brown shirt however worn by a HJ boy.
Buttons: Complete and originally attached. Correct "HJ / DJ" buttons
Armband: A textbook HJ armband with remants of the RZM label. A multi-piece construction manufactured by machine. Attached to the shirt by hand.
Triangle: West Mittelrhein
Shoulder: button on “307” boards for a Kameradschaftsführer.
Comes with a chipped HJ membership pin (RZM M1/90) and a HJ Victory Sport pin in 1939.
HJ Scharführer lanyard"

It has now been 15 years since I published my Bann/sleeve triangle lists (started in 2006) here on the forum and also 15 years since Wim's HJ handbook was published. Quite how auction houses are still managing to avoid due diligence and describing items in this way is very discouraging. Just sticking to the most obvious things: the Bann number on the straps doesn't match the sleeve triangle and the lanyard for a Scharführer was not attached in this way and nor were originals knotted in that way. There are other things that I could mention but money wins again.. When (if) the buyer ever visits this forum to either read or to show his new Bluse I think he's going to be mighty disappointed when he realises what he bought...

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Back